Editor's note: Each month, we'd like to introduce you to one of our wonderful Glamping Hub hosts and what inspired them to create a glamping site. This month, we have Don, who manages this luxury expedition property with beautiful tents that can be set up wherever glampers would like in Sedona, Arizona, and the Grand Canyon in Arizona, as well as a unique dome in Monument Valley, Utah.
1. When was the first time you heard the term glamping?
I wanted to offer my guests the experience of being surrounded by nature with comfortable luxurious accommodations. Glamping was a term that was a perfect fit for the company.
2. What inspired you to have your own glamping site?
The concept of bringing luxury camping to my guests was truly the foundation of the business, to allow for authenticity with a personal touch for guests visiting the southwest. Our campsites are mobile and can be set up in a variety of locations according to the guests custom itinerary.
3. If you could describe your property or the glamping experience you offer in three words, what would they be?
Amazing, spectacular, awe-inspiring.
4. What was your first glamping/camping experience?
Many years ago while camping/hiking with my wife, she brought wine and cheese with dried salami platter in her backpack. We enjoyed the luxury touch to our outback adventure along with a good laugh.
5. Why would you recommend people to go glamping?
Glamping allows you to experience nature while maintaining a level of comfort not usually found when camping.
6. What should people expect when they come to your glamping site?
Our goal is to exceed the guests' expectations for comfort and service while vacationing in a wilderness environment.
7. What makes your property unique?
We are fortunate to operate our glamping services in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah, in some of the most beautiful and iconic landscapes on earth. This includes one of the seven wonders of the world at the Grand Canyon.
8. What’s your favorite part about owning a glamping property?
Being able to give our guests a deeper understanding and appreciation for the areas we visit combined with a truly authentic experience.
9. What makes your property eco-friendly?
We work on natures terms utilizing solar power. Our company follows the principals of the Leave No Trace Community Stewardship Initiative, with all effort being put into recycling or reusing campsite-related items.
10. Anything else you’d like to add?
Our in-depth knowledge and special relationships with these areas, bring a level of service to our guests that goes above and beyond the usual visitor experience to these amazing locations.